What to do and How to do it: a Handy-Dandy Guide
At Dance Parties
- Anyone may ask anyone else to dance.
• Always accept an invitation to dance unless there is a really good reason not to; ie. injury.
• Never say no to dancing with one person and then yes to another person during the same song.
• Line of dance is counterclockwise
• Dance to your partner's level (Do not stress out a new dancer.)
• Pay attention to your partner
• No teaching during dances; only during lessons
• Say "Thank you"
• Escort follower to her seat
Lessons & Studio
• Do not chat during class. It makes it hard for others to hear and it is disrespectful to the instructors.
• Drinks: only water is permitted in the studio and must be in a closed container to avoid spills which ruin dance shoes and make people slip.
- Please remove street shoes when you come in the door. Bring clean, smooth-bottom shoes or dance shoes.
Don't be creepy
• Avoid prolonged eye contact; look at nose/chin instead.
• Leads be careful where you put your hands. Avoid the “No Fly Zone.”
• Follower is in charge of space between partners.
• Apologize for mishaps, but not too much.
• Apologize for collisions .